Tantric massage lifts energy from the genitals to the heart. According to general conviction, we need to make an effort or even suffer to achieve progress. Tantric massage enables growth through pleasure and can help us transform traumas and blockages into power and consciousness; we become happier and can give more to others.
The mind has a huge influence on our life and health. Our way of thinking and our prevailing thoughts determine our life. If the mind is clear, compassionate, open and connected with the universe, our life flows smoothly and we feel as if we were born under a lucky star. However, if our mind is not in good shape, if it lacks focus, flexibility and clarity, we see the world as distorted, we feel that we are victims and therefore our mind imprisons our body with its beliefs, which then in turn starts showing signs of disease.
Tantric massage helps us discover the potential of sexual energy which has the power to refresh the mind, to calm it down, make it clear and loving, consequently invoking beneficial effects in our general wellbeing.
- The relationship is a client - therapist relationship. The therapist has been entrusted with a position of power and bears responsibility for this position. The client has assumed a position of vulnerability based on trust;
- Since it is a client - therapist relationship, the purpose of the session is the client’s wellbeing, safety and growth, not the satisfaction of the therapist’s needs, who must utilise other relationships to satisfy his/her needs. The only needs the therapist is able to satisfy in this relationship are the need for creating a safe space and the need for supporting another person.
- In a tantric massage session, the relationship between the client and the therapist is very intimate. For this reason, the therapist must place a lot of emphasis on maintaining the boundaries listed below and as such, justify the trust already placed in him/her by the client attending the session.
- Clear boundaries:
- Even though the client may experience very pleasant and sexual sensations during the session, sexual intercourse is not part of the session and the therapist is responsible for respecting this boundary;
- Even though the therapist usually knows how the client feels, it may happen that during certain kind of stimulation the client has mixed sensations — some pleasant, some not. In this case the client is responsible for deciding whether he/she feels safe enough to continue. For this reason, the therapist must inform the client prior to the massage that he/she needs to let the therapist know immediately if he/she does not feel safe, because these matters are delicate and wounds can worsen, not heal, if something is done by force and the boundaries of safety are crossed.
- Since the client and the therapist have agreed beforehand that sexual intercourse is not part of the session the therapist must maintain this agreement even if the client expresses desire for sexual intercourse.